Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, April 23, 2009

High heels and farm life

Good Morning from a sunny going to be warm today Knolltop!



The bush outside my office window is budding and it's so nice to see green!



Okay, I've pulled out a picture from the past. My mom sent this picture to me. It's probably one of my most favorite pictures of me as a kid.

Yes, that's me mixing up calf milk....some things just never change. Although I don't mix it donning striped shorts and spike high heels with an old man's hat, I do mix it up every morning and night.

I loved those high heels. They were my absolute favorite thing to buy at the dime store in town. They were plastic with elastic straps. They never lasted too long because I liked to wear them all over the farm, but I still loved them!

Now I'm off to the barn to bed the cows and feed the heifers....without the heels!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were they black with sparkly elastic straps? I remember those! What a fashion statement for the barn.
Pam

Melissa Hart said...

Exactly Pam! You had a pair too! I loved those things!
Melissa