Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, June 1, 2009

Marvelous Monday

Good Monday Morning from a rainy Knolltop. The sun came up this morning and it was beautiful, but then the rain moved in.

We had a busy weekend here, on Saturday we fed the baseball team breakfast before they played in their district game. My BFF Sue and I made sausage biscuits and granola bars and took it up to the field where the team was taking BP before they left for Homer. I didn't think they would eat much, being nervous about the game and having eaten at home before they came in, but boy was I wrong! They ate like boys like to eat! And I love to feed boys like that!

We traveled to Homer where we lost in the first game. Then mom, dad, Sarah and I went to the famed Cascarelli's Pizza for lunch, so it really wasn't such a bad day afterall!

Yesterday, JW and I made the trek to Grand Rapids to watch a friend play in the State volleyball tournament. Walking into a huge room with 28 volleyball courts was fun! Every court was full of athletic girls playing their best. You could stand in one spot and turn in every direction to find really good volleyball being played! I loved it!

JW had to be back in time for graduation, he's in the Top 10 in his class and they have to participate in the ceremony. Luke had to play in the band. Neither were thrilled to go, but both enjoyed listening to their former FFA teacher, Mike Everett make the commencement speech.

Well, it's time for more work! We had twins born last week, now we have another calf in the pasture this morning, I have to go prepare it's spot in the barn!

Later - !

No comments: