Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Giggling in my Corn Patch!

Good Morning from a sunny, cool Knolltop.

Every morning when I get up to post the news for Dairy Agenda Today at 3 am, I have my office window open and it's fun to hear the night sounds. Sometimes I hear a cat walking through the bushes, other times I"ve looked out and under the mercury light I've seen a skunk scurrying around the yard, but the last two mornings I've heard a nightmare outside! Nightmare in the corn patch!
While everything else is really quiet, I have heard the squeeky sound of corn being shucked. Now I know that as dedicated as my children are to making sure we have enough food for winter, I'm pretty sure they've been asleep in their beds and that the shucking culprits are those BLASTED COONS! As I sit there at my computer I can hear them knocking down the corn stalk, pulling off the husks and while I can't hear it, I can imagine their giggling faces as they munch on my just ripened sweetcorn!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to put out a coke and fly bait buffet and let them enjoy some sweet tonic! We'll just see who's giggling tomorrow morning!


Monday was a treat as I was on Rural Route Radio with Trent and Kyle. That is always a bunch of fun. And Kyle was kind enough to send a picture or two of his trip to Ft Worth for a Ag Media summit. Looks like these business trips can be real grueling.

3 comments:

The Myers Family said...

You really are amazing that you hear things at 3 am in the morning. I am just asleep for about 3 hours at that point, so the house could fall down around me and I wouldn't hear it...unless of course my fire radio goes off. When are we doing coffee my friend? Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the sneakers were all over 250 bucks on every page. But definitively I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that singular brand. The prices for the sneakers are approximately 310 bucks everwhere. But finally I base this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what can you say about it?