Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Missed YOU!

Shame, shame, shame on me for neglecting this blog! It was a busy week for Dairy Agenda Today, so that's my excuse.

It's a beautiful day here on the Knolltop! Yesterday was a monumental day around here...it was JW's 18th birthday! And he wasn't even here to celebrate! We shipped him off to boot camp. No, just kidding, but he is gone, he left for Kentucky on a week long mission trip. He got up when we were headed to the barn, had all of his bags packed and left for the church. I've never sent my kid on a mission trip and I was a little worried. But I am sure he is going to have a great time, but please, keep him in your prayers!

We celebrated his big day the day before with cake, ice cream and presents. He received three of those musical cards. I figured it up, that's about $15.00 worth of birthday cards! What were we thinking???? He could've used that money for gas in his truck! Makes you think about the silly novelties we spend our money on, doesn't it?

It's quiet around here, Jake is gone. JOKE! Really, with JW gone and Jake at a friends house, Sarah and Luke are relaxing and I think enjoying some down time. I'm posting the results of the Ohio Holstein show online as it happens and so right now I'm in between classes...they are just about to announce the champion.

Better go and get that done so I can get a nap!

I promise to be better this week about posting...oh the guilt and shame of it all!

1 comment:

threecollie said...

I Can't imagine that level of quiet. lol
For some reason I can't get on DAT any more. I get some kind of script is running too slowly message and it won't load. I don't know why :(