Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Aussies and tractors

It's another sunny morning here on the Knolltop. We've had such beautiful weather and it was nice yesterday for the international delegation that stopped in.
We had such a great visit as Patrick Buckley and Jason Hayes from Austrailia and Russell from Canada stopped in for some iced tea, sweetrolls and lots of story telling. Bobby had a captive audience as he spun his stories of his days on the road fitting cattle and they willingly listened to every word. While Russell knew every cow Bobby rattled off, (two peas in a pod--they know pedigrees back to the beginning of time) Jason and Patrick didn't even have the first clue who Charity was...but they knew some of the contemporary cows so they could add to some of the conversation.

We talked, ate, looked at the cows and then of course they demanded that I bring out the "A" to get their picture taken with it. I finally gave in and had Luke go get the little beauty. No, not really, I had Luke go get the tractor so I could show it off...I'm shameful!

The aussie boys were curious about this old tractor, they said they don't have those back in Austraila. They walked around it and gave it a good looking over and then when it came time to snap the picture Jason asked if he could get up on it...well of course I said yes, and then had to help him figure out how to get on....I snickered as I said, "No, not the front, there's a step in the back, just hop up there." It was so cute!

They all piled back in the car and headed south where they are presently working for Budjon this weekend at the show.
Russell couldn't leave without giving us some Jersey propaganda, he left two JerseyCanada hats. I guess those would make nice Christmas presents for someone...or maybe door prizes at our local DHIA banquet....JUST JOKING RUSSELL!

The boys left early this morning and should arrive in Louisville this morning sometime. In the meantime, JW, Sarah, Jake and I are heading back out to the barn to finish chores.

No comments: