Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, November 26, 2007

Back among the living

It's been a long weekend around here. Not only because of the holiday, but because I must have eaten too much pie or turkey or cranberry relish or something, but I haven't felt well all weekend. But I'm back among the living and ready to head into another busy week.

It's another chilly morning here on the Knolltop, actually it snowed last night and is kind of foggy now....very strange weather we're having.

Okay, now pardon me while I talk about sports for a few minutes. Tonight Luke's undefeated 8th grade basketball team will take on one of the toughest rivals in the league....Jackson Christian. They are a private school, but then again, you could tell that by the name....anyway....they have a reputation for having a great basketball program.

Last year their Varsity team was in the semi finals and beat Redford Covenant Christian...why is that team important? Because Durell Sommers was on that team and Durell is now playing for Michigan State, he promised himself to Tom Izzo when he was a sophomore, so you get the picture...he was flat out good. And Jackson Christian beat his team...so now you know they were good too.

So with that part of the picture painted, let me go further in telling you that we belong to a church in Jackson called Grace Church and the senior pastor just so happens to be the 8th grade basketball coach at Jackson Christian. So now...do you get the picture? Luke will be playing against his pastor's team.

While Pastor Mike is a great guy and a wonderful preacher, he is also very competitive. His children all played basketball and he has a son on the varsity team at J.C. Mike stood in church a couple of weeks ago and in front of 600 people started talkin' smack to Luke. He told Luke that Jackson Christian was going to take North Adams down. Now "them's fightin' words!" Really, putting this into context he was actually illustrating a point in his sermon, but "them still fightin' words"

So now, we will be headed to Jackson tonight all prayed up, yes I prayed that we would win...and don't think Pastor Mike hasn't been sittin' at the throne of Grace asking for a win too and I hope this one time God has more mercy on us than him because I want Luke's team to win.

And if we do end up beating them we will all sit in the front row of church next Sunday with our green and white North Adams shirts "talkin' smack" without saying a word.

No comments: