Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, November 1, 2007

She's gone!

It's a cool clear morning on the Knolltop and at 5:30 am, Holly was being milked and then was loaded onto the trailer and was headed to Hardy's to be loaded onto another trailer to head south. By now, she should be somewhere in Indiana and her crew awaits her in Kentucky. I told you before I wouldn't believe she was going to Louisville until I saw her on a trailer headed south and now she is!

For those of you who have never shown a cow, this all sounds like "udder" foolishness, (couldn't resist) I know. But Holly is very special to us here on the Knolltop and wherever she ends up this weekend, on the top(highly doubtful) or on the bottom(I hope not) she will still be the same special cow when she returns home safely.

Bobby, Luke and Brad will head out early Saturday morning and will stay there until after the she shows on Monday. The show starts at 11:30 am and I was told by Lori of Knolltop Morgans that you can watch the show on the North American International Livestock Exposition website.

Of course now you know on Monday the only thing that will get done are chores as I will be glued to my computer screen watching every silly minute of a cow show that has no significant impact on world peace or lower gas prices! But my baby will be there showing at his first big show and that's all that matters in my world.

In the meantime, until I can get Bobby in a vehicle headed south, I have to put up with a sleepless man who spends all his time worrying about his favorite cow, making sure all the cows will be milked and fed properly while he's gone and that Knolltop Farm doesn't fall apart while he enjoys his time in KY. He is a special man...but really...we'll be just fine....really....

No comments: