Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Perfect Sundays and druggies?

It's been a perfect Sunday here on the Knolltop.

Since we had to set our clocks back last night I don't have a clue what time it really is anymore. When I went to bed, I just left my clock alone and turned the alarm on and got up when it went off and milked the cows when I thought I was supposed to. I hate the time change... I want it to just stay the same all the time.

We were able to get to church...on time....and then afterwards, because a third of us were not here, we stopped and had brunch at Bob Evans and then did a little shopping at TSC...Jake bought a tractor....and then came home to a nice quiet nap! That constitutes a perfect Sunday...church then dinner out then a nap!

JW worked for the neighbor all day today and got home just in time to milk with me.

The report from down south was different. I recieved this email from Russell, I just had to share it with you. Remember, he's in Louisville at the show and it sounds like they are having a whale of a time down there....but here is what he sent...remember-- read this with humor in mind....he's a jokster!

"I ran into Luke and his buddy this evening.....he was not wearing the new hat (the Jersey Canada Hat that Russell brought to us) but said that Bubba was! There are some of us who are mildly concerned about young people of that age being that drunk but one good thing is that while your smoking under pressure trait has been passed on at least it is "only marijuana" and not "real cigarettes" and thus there are no health issues! We also pacified ourselves that the valium the boys are popping like candy MIGHT be able to counteract the alcohol that was being downed like it was koolaid! Other than that it is very quiet and boring and I have to get over to see the Red Hot one although I hear tell she is on the bottle too! So, yes, all is going well down south! Cheers! Russell"

I'm not sure...but I think he was trying to alarm me....but to no avail, I busted out with laughter instead...where does he come up with this stuff?

Tomorrow is the big show...I can't wait!

No comments: