Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, November 5, 2007

On the right track

Well, it's over....and we did pretty well.

We were all gathered around the computer...me and my mom a little ways down the road was Lori from Knolltop Morgans, Nana in Griffin, GA, Aunt Carole in Flower Mound, TX and Aunt Ginny and Tommy in Joliet, MT. We needed a conference phone line for all the chatting we did while Luke was in the ring with Holly. "Do you see her yet?....yes, she just entered the ring...no, not that one...yes, the big white cow..does Luke have a white shirt on or a blue shirt?....Oh my doesn't he look grown up...oh my isn't he cute....Oh my she looks the best I've seen her look...Oh my well there's no doubt about it, if Holly doesn't win then that judge doesn't know what he's doing.....uh...Holly..don't put your head down....stand still Holly....Oh Luke don't let her do that....that doggone Holly....I bet she hasn't acted like that in a month of Sundays....she's being pulled in...she's in third...no fourth...no third....well...he's looking at her...oh my ....she's in third...that's good...that's really good!....well third place...wait...there's no sound...how are we going to hear the reasons?....does your computer have sound?...no, mine doesn't either...does' Lori's...no her's doesn't either...how are we going to hear the reasons?......that stinks...now we won't hear Lukie's name being called!

All that was said with seven people calling each other during a class that took about 15 minutes. Can you tell there were seven people who love Luke and think he's great? Can you tell there were seven women who thought this was probably the biggest event of the decade? Okay...we are pathetic! But this was a big day for Knolltop Farm and all those who care about us here.

Holly left the ring and Bobby milked her out. When that was done they left and are headed home. When I finally talked with Luke he was disappointed. Yes, that was the exact reaction I expected from my competitive second born child. "Third isn't okay...I wanted to win!"

I'm just happy they are on their way home and I can't wait to hear all the wonderful things that happened on their trip!

Thanks to all of you who watched and "participated" with me and my family.

I'd better stop and head to the barn...after my coffee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys think your bad, I was at school watching the show in my room
(detention)flipping between holsteins and jerseys, did'nt know I had sound, to late, then to loud, good thing the principal didn't come in much. Shaun and Betty was down clipping for Jerseys. Ten he's gotta get home to picture cows asap. And yuky weather. Whew! PH