Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Can you hear the cheering?

Yes, that's right, we are still cheering this morning as we celebrate the boys win last night over Jackson Christian and my beloved Pastor Mike.

I know I may sound like I'm a bit overboard...that's because I am! The boys beat the Royals 31-26 in a very sloppy game. Our boys didn't look all that great but they kept chipping away and after the first quarter were never behind again.

It's very strange for me to listen to a wonderful man preach great sermons Sunday after Sunday and then have a burning desire to beat his team on a Monday night. I guess that's because I've never had a pastor who also coached a team...which is really kind of cool in my book.

After the game I took my green North Adams shirt and rubbed it all over Pastor Mike and even offered to get one for him so he could wear it next Sunday to preach in. He declined my offer and we had a great time sparring over the game...all in fun.

But the parents of his team didn't see as much humor in our victory and the fun we were having. I guess they don't realize that our families (the Lee's and us) go a long way back and they are very precious friends to us. They probably also don't realize that our friendship goes so deep that when Jake had his accident, from Kentucky the Lee's gathered people around them to pray for our son while we waited to hear if he would live or die. They also don't know how much we treasure their friendship and what a fine example of Christian servants they've been to us. I could write on and on and on what the Lee family means to us, but I don't want Pastor Mike to read this and then get too proud of himself....he has a tendency to do that...get all puffed up and proud....but this week, we have knocked the wind out of his sails and he will have to find another way to navigate his way to another mark in the win column.

It's chilly this morning on the Knolltop and the snow is still here...we had a nice batch of snow yesterday...it makes things seem more festive.

Well the coffee is perking...better get on the day!

No comments: