Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Picturing today

It's a cool and cloudy this morning on the Knolltop. The milking is done and the kids are in school but we've got a big day ahead of us.


Yesterday morning Bobby began thinking out loud. He wondered if Frank Robinson...the Bovine Beautician would be around any time soon so we could get Holly pictured again. I emailed Frank and sure enough he said he could be here today at 3 pm. So today at 3 we will be picturing Holly and her daughter Hollywood.



Holly was on her way home from Louisville yesterday and her ride took her to northern Indiana to Heath Penick's farm. So Lori, from Knolltop Morgans and I hopped in the truck and headed down to pick her up. It was perfect timing...we pulled in the driveway and they pulled in right after us. Holly was so glad to get off that trailer...but she had to hop on another one to ride home. When we got home she gladly hopped off again, headed to her stall and dove into the feed that was in the manger.

The good thing about picturing today is that Holly still has her show clothes on...but Hollywood doesn't so she has to be washed and clipped today. Now, if we have enough people to help picture I will be able to take pictures of taking pictures.


Speaking of pictures, Ashley Messing our Michigan Dairy Ambassador was kind enough to take a couple of pictures of Luke and Holly in the ring. She had a ground floor shot because she was in the National Jersey Queen's court. She was second runner up in the Jersey Queen contest...should've been queen in my book....as a matter of fact..she is the Queen in my book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're too sweet Melissa! All I can say is that I was very happy with the results considering I am unknown in the Jersey industry and to most of those people there I was simply a "wanna-be" Jersey breeder. : ) Plus, I'm not fat! Ha ha.