Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still Rotten


It's a cool, rainy morning here on the Knolltop. A miserable day to be outside, so Bobby said he's going to put the cows back in for the day so they don't have to spend it outside getting wet.

We received our official pictures back of Holly and Hollywood and they are nice. At least I like them, Bobby and Luke say Holly doesn't have enough milk in her udder...and she doesn't....but I still like her.




I have one more comment to post from a reader of the blog...Russell Gammon who is currently on a trip to Haiti with his work for the Liberty School for Women, of which I am now a proud owner of one square foot! Here is his comment:
You really got me going with your comment regarding spoiled Americans in today's posting! Add spoiled Canucks/Canooks too and at least I know I'm in that number!
Today was our first day in Northern Haiti in Cap-Haiti en, a large city. We were once again reminded how grueling life is here and how very, very good so many of us in North America and other developed countries have it. Open sewers and all the stench that comes with them, people begging everywhere, most all regions of town being slums, naked and starving and stunted kids, dust, bad roads-more pothole than road, rickety, beat up cars, little food and few decent jobs, high illiteracy, all manner of diseases, rampant and ingrained corruption, lack of infrastructure, starvation, worship of evil spirits, lack of hope and vision, as you see I could go on and on! It is so good to be reminded of how great life is in North America no matter how tough we sometimes say it is!!! Did I mention environmental degradation and less than 5 percent of the land mass being covered with anything like forest and over 8 million people in a small country and so much top soil being eroded and an average life expectancy of only 49 years!!!??

Despite all this we have encountered so much that could be classed as very inspiring! We stayed at an excellent orphanage/school/church/medical center/feeding depot from Thursday til Sunday morning. Today we visited our PWP office for our adult literacy classes, did video work, visited two classes in progress, visited one of our other teachers, inspected some land she and her hubby have for sale-possible Liberty School for Women site, stopped into see our Haitian administrator and his extended family in their tiny and very primitive home in the slums, bought a cell phone for within Haiti use and talked of so many ways to move our work ahead!

Here again, someone who is willing to put their money and actions where their mouth is...thank you Russell for such a great contibution you are making to their world. The holiday season is on us, it's time to open our wallets and our cupboards and start giving it away!

I've got a couple of errands to run...time to get at it!

No comments: