Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fun with the boys


It's the same today as it was yesterday...cool and overcast. I'm now wearing my union suit under my barn clothes in the morning...yes, it's that cold....to me.

Yesterday we had a wonderful time picturing Holly and Hollywood. Frank Robinson the photographer and Dan Carroll from Select Sires got here and Frank started scouting out the place to picture. He found his place and then noticed the front porch of the house. He said he thought some pictures there would be fun to take...I said...YES..I think so too! Bobby rolled his eyes.

I had washed the girls yesterday morning..yes that was a cold job and even colder for the cows, but beauty has it's price. So they were clipped and ready to go when it was time for the pictures. Frank and Dan had a few finishing touches to put on the ladies and they were ready for their glamour shots.

The kids got home just in time to help out. Luke got to hold the cows, Bobby and I were at each shoulder, Jake was at the tail, Dan was the noisemaker, JW was the runner and Sarah took pictures of the whole process for me so I could share them with you.

We had put the dog in the house, but one of Jake's cats kept creeping into the picture. Other, more uptight, cattle, photographers would've had a fit when the cat wondered underneath the cow...but since Frank is more laid back and at ease with his job...he just took pictures of the cat under the cow and me getting the cat out from under the cow and Jake rescuing the cat from my evil clutches. We finally put the cat away!

After the cows were put away we had a cup of coffee and enjoyed a great visit discussing cows and "cow people." Of course I hadn't really cleaned the house before they came...I was too busy washing cows....but a messy house doesn't keep Jake from taking guests in to see his farm set up which is in the messiest room in the house! From now on, I'm going to have to brief Jake on which rooms are off limits to guests!

Now the show is over... the picture taking is over and Holly can just be a cow...until we classify next month!

Need to get my coffee and get on the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time also, Shaun said he has never went through cow pics so easy! Hats off to Mr. Robinson and company! PH