Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, March 2, 2008

All at once

Good Morning from the Knolltop. It's rather warm here...25 when we went across the road at 4:30 am. I think we're in for some warmer weather but then it's supposed to get cold again. So, can we say March is coming in like a lion or a lamb?

Yesterday was a busy day for all the Harts. As soon as I got in from milking, I put breakfast on the table and Sarah and I dashed to Pittsford for her quiz bowl competition. I watched her team win a round and then I came back to see Jake's game. It was a barn burner...they were ahead the whole game and in the last 8 seconds the other team scored...it ended up a tie because there is no OT in junior pro....yes they might as well go kiss their sister.

After the game, my parents and Jake and I went back to Pittsford to watch Sarah's team lose their final round and then we came back just in time for Sarah's game, which wasn't a barn burner in the least, they lost by 20. Then it was home for the normal dinner and chores and then Luke had practice while JW went cosmic bowling with his friends.

While all this was happening, a few miles to the southwest, friends and family flew in from all over the country to celebrate with Bobby's nephew, Brant and his new wife Jenny as they took their vows. I'm sure it was beautiful and now they are officially married and probably having the time of their life on a great honeymoon.

And at the same time across Lake Michigan in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, history was in the making as the Butlerview Parade of Perfection sale was in full swing with nearly 1000 on hand to watch grown men pay thousands and thousands of dollars for four-legged, black and white animals that provide us with natures most perfect food and provide passionate Holstein breeders with the fix they need to saturate their God-given hunger for a high quality cow.

Isn't it amazing what can happen all in one day?

No comments: