Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Double Birthdays!

Good morning from the Knolltop. It's cool and windy here and I guess it's not going to be a very nice day.

Today is a special day in our family. Today is Luke's 15th birthday and my nephew's, Adam's birthday too. Come to think of it, it's Ashley Messing's (below)birthday too. So happy birthday to all!


I'm not sure when we will actually light candles and cut birthday cake. As soon as we get done with dinner and chores, Luke has basketball practice and I've got to take Sarah shopping for volleyball shoes. JW has baseball practice after school, so he won't be here to celebrate then, so I guess when we all get back home at 9 pm tonight we will fill up on birthday cake and ice cream and then go to bed with a sugar high! Sugar at any time sounds good to me. I'm afraid I have my grandmother's sweet tooth!


At breakfast I recounted the day Lukie was born. It was so much fun to take that walk down memory lane with the kids. They enjoy it as much as I do...even though they've heard it a million times. Well, I think they enjoy it...maybe they don't...that may be why they all got up from the table and left while I was on the part where it only took 3 pushes...oh well. I went through the labor..that entitles me to talk about it incessantly! In fact, any mother who has gone through that much pain is entitled to talk about her labor anywhere, anytime, any place!


Better get going...lots to do on this big day!

No comments: