Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another win

Good Morning from the clear, springlike Knolltop! It's been a busy morning here on the Knolltop and it's not even 10 am yet. When I got up to make the coffee at 3:30 am, a truck and trailer drove in the drive over at the barn. Gene VanRhee was coming by to pick up a couple of heifers on his way home from the New York Spring Show. I decided he must be tired so I let him sleep. We got done milking and while I was making breakfast he finally got up and came in to nourish himself with blueberry pancakes, sausage and some strong coffee.

We got the heifers loaded and when we got all the socializing done he went on his way. While we were visiting the cows decided to make a spring jaunt..no, not up to Knolltop Morgans, they just busted into the pasture and were having a great time on the pretty green grass. After rounding them up, I finally got back in and still have dishes to do, a shower to take and a run to the store.

JW's game went well last night. He looked like a superstar when he came in to relieve the pitcher after five innings. He warmed up and then struck his first batter out in three pitches to get them out of a very long inning. Then he proceeded to strike out three more guys in the next inning and they won the game.

It's fun to have moments like that when you look like you saved the game. When in all actuality, he didn't save the game, they were up on Adrian-Madison by 6, so it wasn't as if the game was close, it was just that the other pitcher had thrown for three innings and was getting tired and started walking batters. He had done a great job...just got tired. Tonight they play Pittsford and it will probably be a very close game.

And finally, I will tell you this secret, but you have to promise not to tell BOBBY! He never reads my blog, so I don't have to worry about him seeing this, but I want all of you to be in on this surprise so when I write about in next week you'll have been in on the game.....so to speak.

This Saturday is Bobby's 50th birthday and his mom and sister are flying up to surprise him. They are supposed to get here on Saturday afternoon. I can't wait! And I can't keep a secret either! I'll let you know how it goes. Because Bobby's dad is retired from Delta Airlines, the family all fly on passes, so they are flying standby. So we all need to pray that they get on the flight, if they don't then they won't be able to come. So...pray!

No comments: