Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Catching up!

Spring has finally sprung here on the Knolltop! It was a balmy 55 this morning when we went across the road to milk. It felt like spring and it even smelled like spring! I love it....even though it's going to get colder today..I'll take it! The grass is even beginning to get green and my daffodils and crocus are coming up! And I can't forget those wonderful birds that tell us that Spring is finally here!

This June some of my children and I are headed to the National Holstein Convention at the Wisconsin Dells. I was looking forward to it before, but now I'm really looking forward to it because one of my bestest friends in the cow world is going to be there!
Mandy Nunes(left with her family) emailed me yesterday and told me she and the girls were going to be at the convention and were wondering if we were coming. Well, imagine the excitment as both of us realized we were going to be in the same city for a few days and the catching up we were going to be able to do!
Mandy and I got acquainted through our husbands when they lived here in Michigan and Matt was the herdsman for the Apple Farm. Mandy and I would meet during spring break and we would take our kids to a museum to further their education....when really it was a great excuse for us to get together, eat pizza and blab! Her girls have grown a lot since then. Geneva, the youngest was just a baby when we first met. And those older girls have grown in to beautiful young ladies. And Matt and Mandy haven't aged at all! (I know, I know, but even Matt deserves some encouragement too sometimes.)
Now the Nunes live in Wisconsin, have developed a world reknown herd known as Scientific Holsteins and one of Matt's biggest claims to fame, besides his beautiful wife with a queen-like smile, is his cow, the late Debutante, who was named reserve grand champion at World Dairy Expo in 2005 and the countless offspring of his famous cow family that goes back to the "Roxy's."
Matt's story is a good one...one that I'm going to have to write!
For now, I've got to get ready to head to East Lansing for a Holstein Board meeting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice mention in your blog. Those museum trips were fun, weren't they? We are looking forward to the convention, and to warmer weather -- we had a big snowstorm last night. Talk about an April Fools prank... I have had enough!

Love,
Mandy