Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A day excursion

Another pretty morning here on the Knolltop as the sun comes up on a partly cloudy sky.

We are headed to a sale today in Fremont Indiana. The Mid-West Spring Classic to be exact. It's being hosted by Mark Sellers, the president of the Indiana Holstein Association. Lori at Knolltop Morgans has a heifer in the sale well, actually it's her daughter's heifer. We will go and see how well she sells and Lori might even come home with something for her daughter.

Jake has been on the couch all week with an ear infection and today he finally went to school. He actually wanted to go. Last Saturday night he came to me complaining of an ear ache and said there was all this water coming out! So we went to Urgent Care and got him all fixed up. I haven't had a sick kid....sick enough for a doctor's visit in a couple of years. I will count my blessings! And we can chalk it up to living in a drafty old farmhouse...a runny nose is the sign of good health...at least that's what my dad always said. Who knows!

And judging from the comments left from yesterday, I'm not the only one with faulty equipment on my truck and a bunch of bored cops in the neighborhood! I'm glad I'm not alone!

Better go get the chores finished up so we can head south.

No comments: