Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, June 6, 2008

Baseball Galore

It's a beautiful sunny, breezy and warm morning here on the Knolltop. I have the window open by my desk and the breeze is heavenly as I listen to the birds outside singing up a storm.

The big boys had their first game last night. For the first time ever they played in a color other than green and white and boy was it strange. They donned their orange Jerseys and black hats with a J on them for Jonesville and debut on their Mickey Mantle team. JW played short the first game and pitched the second game. Luke sat the bench the first game and played second the second game. Sitting the bench is not something Luke is used to, but it will give some incentive to step it up and work a little harder. They are an unknown quantity on this team and that can be good and bad. It was fun to watch them play together again even though they lost. I only saw the last two innings of the second game, Jake had a game in Waldron. As soon as they won their game (they mercied them) we flew up to Jonesville.

Today I've got to write more and mow the lawn. Jake is going to Kalebs, Luke is gone with Mr. Kyser, JW is gone with Rodney and Sarah is stuck home slaving away for me!

Tomorrow Jake will play in the morning and the boys have a double header on Sunday night in Sturgis.

So much to do! So little time....it's a good thing, I only get things done when my back is against the wall!

No comments: