Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

North Adams and UGA take wins!

It's a cool, clear morning here on the Knolltop. And it's going to be a great day!

For those of you who have wondered and have been praying for my dad, I want to say a big thank you! He is headed for surgery on his back on Friday. I don't know what the procedure is called, some big long name no doubt, but it sounds like it should be successful. So, three weeks ago he was nearly comatose from pain and now he's out driving the tractor, in pain, but not as much. You know when a farmer has hay to bale there is no such thing as pain. Keep praying for him and I'll let you know how it goes.

Jake's team won last night by a big margin. Needless to say he was thrilled. And University of Georgia beat Stanford last night too in the NCAA baseball playoffs. Since Big Daddy is an alum of UGA we have to cheer for the Bulldogs!

Luke's first day at basketball camp was fun. When he got home we were headed to Jakes game so at 10 pm last night he was sitting on the kitchen counter giving a blow by blow report of everything they did. As I wiped down the counters and got the coffee ready for the morning, I counted my blessings to have my 15 year old expounding on his eventful day, telling me what he liked and what he didn't like about his camp. There will come a day when I will long for him to sit on my counter and tell me about his day.

Today I head for Lansing for a Michigan Holstein meeting. We'll see what kind of a rowel my friend Gene VanRhee and I can get into today! Honestly, he and I get along great because we are so straight forward with each other even though it's not all that pretty sometimes.

No comments: