Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Spinning Plates

Have you ever felt like you had to keep a bunch of plates spinning on top of long sticks? That's what I feel like today. Only my plates are my kids.

It's summer break and the last thing I want is for my kids to veg out all summer in front of the TV. So, to keep that from happening we had a family meeting to discuss the summer projects and the daily expectations. The only problem is when you have three procrastinators and one self starter with a girlfriend, it's a full time job to keep them busy. Hence the spinning plates.

So, this morning the boys are out working with their dad, Sarah has been doing dishes, folding clothes and is now making granola. While I write today, I will be listening for vegetative children and keeping them from sitting too long in one spot. It's a good thing I have ADD, I welcome the interruption of having to get up and go assign jobs. It keeps the creativity going!

2 comments:

LoriLiz said...

Oh boy, do I hear you.....we have been at it for a couple weeks now and it is challenging to keep them off the couch or the chair in front of the computer. Have fun!!

threecollie said...

That sounds so very familiar! lol