Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's Jake's Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Jake!

Yes, my youngest is now eleven years old. It's hard to believe that 11 years ago, I was sitting at JW's T-ball game having contractions getting ready to deliver my final child. Oh how we've come a long way!

Today we will celebrate by going to the pool. This time I'm wearing my suit so I can hop in the hot tub then into the pool then lay poolside and sip lemonade! I love the pool!

Then we'll come home and have dinner, cake, ice cream and open presents. Jake wanted a certain piece of farm equipment and on the way home from the cancelled baseball game on Sunday we tried to find it. But we couldn't. Much to my surprise, Luke found it at Liechty's Farm Equipment in Archbold, Ohio when he went to Hookers and Skinners, ...oh...I mean Yoder and Frey's with Mr. Kyser the other day. So now he will get exactly what he wanted! Plus a few other items. It's great to have Luke help with the shopping, he knows the farm equipment inventory so he knows what to buy!

It's a gorgeous day here on the Knolltop. I've already been out in my garden this morning and I'm about to go on my walk to clear the cobwebs out of my brain!

Oh, for those of you who get Farmshine, if you'll notice, my column is in there this week thanks to Rebecca Long Channey from Maryland. She called Dieter, the editor, several times bugging him about using my column. I jokingly call her my agent! Thanks Becky!

At the present time the birthday cake is cooling on the counter, the show heifers are tied up and I'm between jobs. So it's time to walk!

No comments: