Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Better late than never.

Yes, I'm a bit late posting this morning. That's because I had to run to town early this morning and get some hydraulic fluid and some other things, then I had to run lunch money into the school for the kids, they were almost down to eating a free PB&J unless I deposited some money in their accounts. Althought how bad can PB&J be? It keeps your sides from caving in.

And then when I got home I had to help finish chores, clean up a few breakfast dishes start a load of laundry and pick up before I felt like I could get to the computer. And the first thing I did was respond to some newspaper editors about running my column. I'm trying to get my column in some papers around the midwest and they all claim they don't have room. What I want to say is, you always have room for good material! But I don't. I just send them some samples and pray they like them enough to start running it.

A few weeks ago Farmshine finally ran my first column and I got a few responses from readers of that paper. Now if a few people responded, how many others wanted to respond but didn't because of the busyness of life? Well, that's my vent for the day...I'm done now.

I've got to start writing!

2 comments:

threecollie said...

Wish your column ran in something to which we subscribe. I like your ideas and would enjoy reading it.
Lack of feedback takes some of the fun out of writing a column for me. Rarely does anyone get fired up enough about something I write in the Farm Side to give me a call about it. I love the dialog that blogging offers....however, the paper pays. lol

Anonymous said...

Yes, we need more common sense farm articles. I really enjoy reading what you write each day.Linda