Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

With the new year came nine inches of snow last night. It began about 10 pm and didn't quit until this morning. Bobby is plowing snow as I type and it's pretty slippery out there....but it sure is pretty.

Yesterday was a great day at my parents celebrating Christmas with my family. Like I said we would do, we ate until we couldn't eat anymore and then we ate some more! When I arrived I made a pot of coffee so we could have some with the hot cinnamon rolls, muffins, cookies and cheese and crackers that mom had spread on the kitchen table. After downing my first cup of coffee and several goodies, we opened presents. After enjoying all of our new things the little boys went out to sled on the "mountain" and we began making dinner preparations while the big boys cleaned up all the wrappings.

Things were going along as expected until Jake came running in to tell us one of the cousins had a crash on the mountain and then it was all down hill from there....well, it wasn't really, but I couldn't resist the pun.

The littlest cousin hit his head and was pretty miserable. By the end of the day he was fine, but he gave us grown ups a bit of a scare....so much so his parents decided to play it safe and take him to the ER. A good report this morning shows he's back to normal....thank God!

We enjoyed a dinner of ham, cheesy potatoes, Amy's homemade rolls, fruit salad and pumpkin pie, lemon pie and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Yes, I ate too much again. We got home just in time for chores and then because the snow was coming I made Bobby go with me to the store for some "snowed-in" provisions. I hate being snowed in when I'm low on the essentials of life....like butter and coffee!

When we finally were in for the night, we enjoyed lots of football!

So today we will continue with our New Year's Day tradition of eating nothing with any remote hint of nutritional value. Chips, dip, candy, pop, pizza, whatever we feel like eating and we will graze all day long while we watch football!

My house is a total mess and totally out of control...so I think that will be something I will try to tackle...ha! I'm on a run! I did it again!

Have a great day!

No comments: