Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, January 28, 2008

Glad it's Monday!

Well, I'm glad it's Monday here on the Knolltop. Last weekend was too busy for this family!

On Saturday I was privileged to speak to the Michigan Cattlewomen's group at the Michigan Cattlemen's Annual Meeting. Boy did we have fun! After listening to Mark Thomas of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association talk about marketing and then hearing the new director of the Michigan Department of Agriculture speak at a delicious lunch it was the ladies turn to slip away and have some time of encouragement.

Although I had heard rumblings of some of the men wanting to join the ladies at our conference, I kept telling them "no!" I guess they thought cattle worming might not be the most thought provoking topic of the day. Who could blame them?

So as we all got in our places and were settling in for our afternoon session a man came bursting through the door! Randy H. the auctioneer from Napoleon Livestock...and he's the owner too. He said he wasn't leaving...I even threatened to talk about female stuff and he didn't budge.

As it turned out he contributed a lot to our conversation and even helped some of us understand how men think. It was a real blessing to have him in there with us. We talked about beef promotion, life in agriculture and family life on the farm for 2 hours and it was hard to stop then! It was a great time to be with that group!

Then yesterday, after church, JW and I headed back to East Lansing for a Michigan Junior Holstein meeting. Those are always fun...plus we always eat lunch out. It's fun to get my kids alone and visit with them one on one. JW and I always have intriguing conversations. Yesterday was no different.

Okay...I've got so much more to write...but I'm so late for the barn...Bobby will think I've given up on coming out!

No comments: