Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wouldn't you know it

Well, I have to say, someone who reads this blog is a major prayer warrior! Yesterday morning the gutter cleaner worked like a champ. Yes, it needs some repairing, but besides that, it worked really well...it can only be attributed to God answering someone's prayer! More prayer is needed for the Knolltop...please don't stop now...God's on a roll...keep praying for the whole operation...if you don't mind!

Unfortunately, other obstacles got in our way of making it to our district meeting...but that is the way it is on a dairy farm. You learn that early on...you may or may not get to where you're going. If you get there, you will probably be late.

Of course staying home proved to be very productive...I got all the laundry done...after I de-iced the water lines going into my washer. The laundry room is on a southwest wall and when we get a good stiff wind, no matter what, the lines freeze. So I was up on my washing machine with my handy blow dryer getting them thawed and once that was done, I kept them thawed by doing lots and lots of laundry. So, today, I don't have any to do!

The milk inspector is due back today to check on a few items...just three and I took care of one of them this morning...putting in a new lightbulb over the bulk tank. So, two more to go and they are easy fixes, just have to run to the hardware and get the supplies....spray foam to fill a couple of holes.

Better get going....later!

1 comment:

threecollie said...

It just tickles me to read your blog...so many things that happen to us run parallel...milk inspectors, canceled trips. It makes me feel better not to be alone with these hassles.