Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Someone needs to stay home!

It's been a very busy day here on the Knolltop and it's still going strong. Last evening JW's team beat Burr Oak. After Luke, Jake and I got done doing chores we called one of my girlfriends and we went out to Saucy Dogs BBQ place and had a bite to eat. When we got home, I crawled in bed and Jake and I watched a little TV. It was nice just to lay there and spend time together...Luke was on the phone to his girlfriend...hmmmm....

Anyway, this morning everyone had to get out to do chores so we could take Luke to his AAU basketball tryout in Adrian. JW went to work for Mr. Kiser and Jake had to stay home to go to his basketball practice. Sarah finally came home from her sleepover....exhausted of course.

When we got home from Luke's tryout, I took Sarah to her practice, picked up Jake and came home for a short nap. Then I hustled in to get Sarah, got home just in time to slap something on the table for dinner and put in my barn overalls in the dryer and start a load of jeans.

Now I'm headed to the barn and tonight is our annual DHIA banquet...Jake and I will go and we get to hear Krissa Thom speak...she is a Trent Loos protegee...I hope I spelled that right! Bobby will stay home..he's too tired from being out late at JW's game last night. JW is gone to the FFA Big Buck Banquet and Luke and Sarah will stay home with Bobby. Normally our Saturdays are not this busy...today is an exception.

Better get to the barn.....later! By the way...it's sunny out and a great help for my rotton attitude that I've had lately!

No comments: