Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, August 11, 2008

Another Heritage Day

It was another busy weekend here on the Knolltop. On Saturday North Adams had it's Heritage Day celebration. The parade started at 10 am and yes, I proudly drove my John Deere A down town through the cheering crowds who gathered on the sides of main street just to see my "A" make it's Heritage Day debut......NOT!

I did drive it in the parade, but I was the only one who was impressed with my old iron that went "Putt, Putt, Putt." The boys want to restore it....I really don't care, I like it just how it is....operational.....paint is optional.

Which is more than I can say for Luke's tractor. You know the one, that always beats me in road races? Well, his old Farmall was sitting home that day because he couldn't get it started. Even though he always brags about how much nicer and faster his tractor is than mine, I still felt badly because he couldn't take it in the parade. But Mr. Kyser came to the rescue and by the end of the day it was running and hopefully he will be able to keep that piece of red junk going for the big Labor Day tractor parade in Waldron.

Bobby's off judging a county fair today, the boys are heading down to the neighbors to clean out one of his grain bins and Sarah and I are headed Knolltop Morgans to do their chores. I've got so much catching up to do today!

No comments: