Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Great night for football!

It was a beautiful evening for the opening football game last night. It's too bad the ending of the game wasn't as beautiful for our team as the weather. Luke's team lost 31-0. What's worse is his team is mainly made up of Freshmen who were undefeated as 8th graders last year. So these boys were a bit disillusioned when they walked off the field wondering to themselves, "What happened?"

Luke played fullback and tight end and then the third quarter he was the quarterback. He said his ankle felt fine...of course under 18 layers of tape....it couldn't move! JW was the go to guy for me. Bobby left the barn early to work the chains for the game and JW stayed home and finished up chores so I could get to the game on time. It's so nice to have an extra hand so I don't have to miss out.

The kids are out working with their heifers, Luke has gone to bale hay and JW went school shopping. Today is a writing day......that's why I'm not out helping Jake and Sarah with their heifers. Sarah has one less to work with today because Sandy, her 4-H project that was to become a cow any day now....became a cow yesterday when she delivered a bull calf. I sure was glad it was a bull since it came just four days before September 1st! Sandy is doing find....and looks good but will have a few days off from the show string workout.

No comments: