Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, August 22, 2008

Change in plans

Good Friday morning from the Knolltop. Bobby and Jake are off to a cow sale. Bobby wanted Jake to go in the worse way, I'm not sure why....maybe because Jake talks non-stop and if Bobby gets the least bit drowsy Jake will keep him alert. He even called from the gas station in town to see if Jake was up yet and if he wanted to go. So Jake got around in the time it takes to get from town to the farm and they are off to drive north to a sale. He's already called twice with instructions for me.

Did anyone see the comments from Pryorvu the other day? Oh my heavens....he makes me sick! With all the canning, preserving and freezing he's doing...and I haven't even gotten into full harvest yet with my garden! The worst part of it is, he lives in Montana...in the hills....where they get no rain! I'm sure he irrigates his garden.....FROM A RAIN BARREL! Here we are in the midwest with lush green surroundings, plenty of water at our disposal and I can't even come close to his pace!

And Shady Knoll: You're welcome for the memory...I think everyone can remember that favorite rocking chair from their past.

Well, instead of school shopping today, we are going tomorrow because Sarah doesn't have to babysit. So today I will catch up on a few things that I've let go and prepare for tomorrow. I'm waiting to hear from the doctor about Luke's ankle. They thought he might have a hairline fracture, so they took more X-rays and we will know more this morning. JW called from his judging trip and he's having a great time.

Better get to my "To do" list!

No comments: