Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, August 15, 2008

Did I mention the mom?

It's another beautiful morning here on the Knolltop where we are off to a busy start. I feel like I've been enslaved to this computer for the whole week but then again, when you make part of your living as a writer...I guess you can expect that. It's just not always where I want to spend all of my time on a 75 degree day. Let's all whine for me now...really, I should be so happy that I work from home and don't have to drive anywhere!
In yesterday's post I mentioned the lemonade stand by the young Kietzman entrepreneurs and I said they were Joel's daughters.....leaving out any mention of the one who gave birth to them, fed them, got up multiple times to feed them in the wee hours of the morning and who's body will never, ever be the same again after birthing three daughters (not that she looked bad, she's just a little thing who doesn't even look like she's had one kid much less three ...darn her!). Anyway, Melissa Kietzman was the wonderful, dedicated mom to these adorable little lemonade peddlers.

And I didn't mention who the customers were at the stand...boy I'm slipping! Donny Mayer and three Japanese interns who are working on neighboring dairy farms were bellied up to the beverage stand.

In fact, we toured Donny and Liz Mayer's place on our whirlwind Wisconsin tour. They have a nice herd of cows and it is so much fun to listen to Donny talk about cows. He has such a passion for the Holstein breed and much like my husband, he hasn't come across a pedigree yet that he can't remember!

Better get on with the day, the peaches aren't all done yet, they weren't all quite rip enough. So I think some peach jam is on the agenda for the day...along with a little writing, a trip to the extension office and the feed store and more detective work on some pictures I need.

No comments: