Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Answered Prayer

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers for Sara! She emailed me this morning and said things went so well yesterday with their situation it left people scratching their heads wondering how it all happened. Well those weren't her words, but that's what she described! So things have calmed down a bit, but she still needs prayer. God is so good to us!

I have to comment about the wonderful breakfast I just had. After I cooked the bacon on the griddle, I poured some pecan pancakes on and they just fried up so crispy and nice. Oh my, pancakes cooked in bacon grease is so unhealthy, but oh....sooooo goooood! And wasn't I just saying yesterday how fat I was? I guess I'd better walk more!

Okay, this is what I want to ask today. Where on this blog does it state or even slightly imply that we have an organic dairy? Do I sound like an organic producer? Do I look like an organic farmer? Do I act like one? No, I don't think I look, act, or sound like an organic dairy farmer yet the man who hosts the farm blogs website wrote that I had an organic dairy farm. My friends....this is the perfect example of how rumors get started!

Well, I'm off to walk and then the kids and I will go work with the show string. Yesterday we had a new recruit working with the cows. One of Luke's best buddies decided he wanted to rinse all the heifers off. So he stood there with the hose in hand while we brought him heifers. This wouldn't be so funny if it weren't for the fact that he's not from a farm. In fact, he's the local athletic director's son and his life revolves around....what else but athletics! So to see him standing in the barnyard rinsing off the heifers was quite a sight.

Tomorrow we will head down memory lane with Bobby and Brookview Farms.

No comments: