Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blog of Blogs

Good Morning from the cloudy Knolltop! We're headed for Ohio today so Bobby can judge another show. It should be a fun day with the kids and I think I'll try to scrape up a story or two for the paper.

I really should stay home and put up the bushel of peaches on my front porch that Lori, from Knolltop Morgans brought home from her vacation. It seems she goes on vacation every year and brings home work for me....how does that work? :)

I have a new site for all of you to go to, it's a blog of blogs. That's right, a blog that lists farm blogs on the internet. You need to check it out. My blog was recommended to be listed on his site so now I'm there! The link is www.farmblogs.blogspot.com and it should be a fun place to surf!

For the first time in my life, I fried Okra yesterday and I can now claim victory in this area of southern cooking. The first time I tried to grow it was the first year we were married and I waited too long to pick it. It was big and tough and I burned it. I can smell the smoke even now. But yesterday I championed this southern dish and had the approval of my Rebel husband!

Better get...it's time to head south!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe that you did not know how to cook SOUTHERN fried okra. If I had known this, I would have had the S B to give you a few pointers. Just think how many years your childern have been deprived, not to mention your husband. Next time come come to an expert. S B H