Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Monday

Good Monday Morning from the sunny Knolltop!

Let me start off with the bad news....Luke sprained his ankle Friday evening at football practice. He came home shuddering in pain and I gave him some pain medication and put him on the couch for the night. Laying there wondering if it was broken, thoughts raced through my mind, "Should I take him to ER right now? What if it's broken? My baby can't lay on the couch with a broken ankle all night...I've never seen him in so much pain."

The next morning he was so much better and my mind was put to rest. I let him relax for the day babying him as much as he would let me. People called to see if he was okay and everyone reassured me it was just a sprain. But in the back of my mind I couldn't erase the thought of it being broken and him suffering through it. So I finally took him into Urgent care last evening and after an X-ray we found it was just a sprain and we left the hospital with him toddling around on crutches. So, if you could please pray for him!

In the meantime, Jake has taken over Luke's spot at Walnut Lane Farms working for Mr. Kyser. That should be interesting to say the least!

I'm headed to a meeting today with the neighbor and Sarah will have to take over the house chores. Boy does she have the laundry to do!!!!

No comments: