Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sounding Intelligent

It's another picture perfect day here on the Knolltop. Although we need rain, it's been a summer to remember.

Yesterday I had the chance to be on Rural Route Radio with Trent Loos and Kyle Bauer again. It's so much fun when I get that chance to be on with those two jokers. Although yesterday I was the resident dairy expert and those of you who know me well....know that's a stretch!

We can talk about kids, farms, farm families, communication issues consumer trends or anything else relating to humans but don't ask me to sound intelligent about drug companies, land grant university research and dollars and cents relating to it. And that's what I had to do yesterday. Boy was it difficult. If you listen, you'll hear more of Kyle and Trent than me because no matter how I tried to wrap my brain around GMOs and research and the economic impact and public perception of those, I just couldn't do it!

It's always good to be challenge and no matter how I meet up with Trent, whether it's on the radio, the phone or in person, he continues to challenge me and he enjoys every minute of it!

Now I'm off to the doctor with Luke to find out how is ankle is progressing. Tomorrow is school shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma's hickory rocker sits in my mom's kitchen now, its got a new seat and coat of varnish but I can still hear grandma singing "Down in the Valley" rocking my baby cousin to sleep with my sister and I perched on the arms...thanks for kindling a fond memory-every kitchen should have a rocking chair Shady Knoll