Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Big Loss


Last night at homecoming we got shut out by Pittsford. It was really, really, really bad. The only good thing was the float that Luke was pulling got second place.


You can see Luke driving and JW riding on the tractor with a few girls on the float. I'm not sure what they were actually doing....but whatever.

Today it's a cool sunny morning on the Knolltop. I even wore a turtleneck under my sweatshirt this morning to milk. In the middle of eating our pancakes and bacon a call came in from a friend and they invited Bobby and Luke to the Michigan State game today. So Luke and I scurried back out to the barn to finish up chores while Bobby mixed a load of feed. Then they got ready and left. While the cat's away..the mice will play. JW is gone on his judging trip, Sarah has to babysit and Jake and I will do something fun...like go to town and maybe out for lunch.

Monday I get to cover something interesting in Indiana. Orion Samuelson is coming to speak at an Ag Industry Day in Angola. The coordinators wanted me to come to lunch and cover it for the Farmers' Advance. I'm all for the free lunch and visiting with Orion!

No comments: