Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, September 24, 2007

Latest Fair Update

It's Monday morning and I'm feeling the effects of having another driver in the family. My four children are at the fair...without me....and I'm at home catching up. WOW is this nice!

They all got up this morning and were headed to the fair at 4:45 am. Remember...this is the first day....they all popped right up without any difficulty. They called at 7 and said all the chores were done and they were eating breakfast. This is the life!

Another surprise was the arrival of the Southern Belles from Georgia! They said they were going to try to come, but I just figured they wouldn't be able to get on the plane so I didn't think about it again until we came home yesterday afternoon and Bobby said, my mother and Joann are going to be here any minute!

You know what that meant....I stood in the middle of the house and called the troops to attention. I gave everyone their marching orders and by the time they arrived, the house was clean and smelling great...candles are a great help in covering up barn smells.

We are off to the fair this morning. We have to work the 4-H kitchen and finish clipping everything. I have lots of pictures from yesterday, just not enough time to put them in...I'll be home later and hopefully get them loaded in today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the tail is not poofy enough. but its a holstein so what can you do?


oompson@hotmail.com (tom)

Anonymous said...

i've got the answer, get an Ayrshire!!!