Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, September 7, 2007

It's Homecoming time.

Over the weekend, Big Daddy volunteered our hay wagon and barn for the sophomore class Homecoming float building extravaganza. The kids at school informed JW this week that they would be spending all day Sunday and Monday night here to construct the float. That was fine, until JW realized his whole family would also be here too. Then he got worried. I think he went into panic mode when Big Daddy volunteered to help out by making sure everyone was "entertained" I think he said something about running the radio but I'm not sure what else he has in mind. It sounds like I'd better keep the camera ready.

Since I didn't get my Farmers' Advance column done yesterday that's first on the agenda...I did do the column for the local paper though...so I did get something accomplished.

AND, there seems to be a cow color feud brewing here on the blog. I mentioned it to my neighbor last night on the phone...she is a Jersey breeder as well and basically takes care of the whole herd... her husband has a job in town. She told me that she's had to pull some of her Jersey calves... so they aren't all that easy to deliver! And to add credibility to her and give her family some kudos...just last week at the State Fair, her family had the futurity winner and Junior Champion and missed Premier Exhibitor and Breeder by 6 points! Jim VanBuskirk won breeder and exhibitor by the way.

Okay, off to write!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have chaperoned a lot of float making nights.It's realy fun . Plus it takes a year to get all the nails out of the wagon.
Francis and Pat