Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, September 29, 2008

Catching up!

Good Monday Morning from a cloudy Knolltop!

After a day of recooperation, the kids are back in school and we are back to normal after a week of the county fair. It was a good week, the kids took on more responsibility and handled it well. They also did very well with the cows. On Thursday we had the open show and we had Junior Champion Honorable Mention with Pontoon and Sarah had Reserve Grand Champion with Sandy. I even got to lead a heifer in the show. We'll have pictures in a couple of weeks when they come from the photographer.

We brought the cows and all the tack home on Saturday night and then the boys and I went out and got the heifers and their trophies yesterday morning. Because it was too late for church, we went to breakfast and celebrated a good week.

JW is in Madison, Wisconsin this week working the Burton-Fellers Planet Holstein Sale and having a great time. He called last night to give me an update and he said their first night on the job was tough and they were glad for a shower and a bed yesterday morning. They slept all day and then went back out to work. He said Levi was wondering what in heaven's name JW had gotten him into...but JW reassured him it would get easier once all the cattle arrived and were clipped.

Today is catch up day around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband saw JW at the sale when he dropped off a calf on Saturday. He reported that JW and Levi were doing a great job leaning on their pitchforks!

~MN