Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Whatcha think?

Okay, it's time to get into politics.....I want your opinion on Sarah Palin and her debut last night. I don't care what side you'll vote for, I want your honest thoughts on Sarah and her speech.

I stayed up last night just to watch it. I know, I'm a bit of a political junkie....I have a few friends who I email back and forth and we discuss politics in one or two sentences....it's fun to speculate and listen to the spin doctors. Today I will pay for staying up past my bedtime, but I really wanted to hear her speech for myself and not just bits and pieces of it. I have to say, the lipstick joke was great. She nailed it right on the head with that one....I don't think there is a mom worth while who couldn't relate to that comment. And I think that's what I like best about her....she relates to me in areas where no man whether black or white, old, young, handsome, ugly, conservative, liberal.....could ever come close to relating.

Today is writing day and I'm formulating a column all about lipstick....we'll see if it sticks or not! HA!

Then Luke has a football game tonight...I"m looking forward to that. But now it's time to head back out and work with the show string!

4 comments:

threecollie said...

I like her. I am amazed that McCain managed to pick someone that I genuinely can support. I was expecting the same old, same old, for VP. What a surprise.

Melissa Hart said...

Threecollie-- I was too! McCain wasn't my pick for the nominee so when he won it, I was ho hum...but now I'm excited again and like you said, it's someone we can support!

Anonymous said...

McCain inspired me but did not excite me--until he chose Palin-what a great example of the power of womanhood-wow-she could fit right in as a farm wife and is someone all women raising a family can identify with...someone who could sit a your kitchen table and have a cup of coffee and a conversation with...I'm excited, my sisters and friends are excited (and some of them are democrats) and my 88 year old mother is thrilled beyond imagination by McCain's wise choice..Shady Knoll

Anonymous said...

I find it apalling that anyone running for public office would criticize community organizers. Rural America was built on the hardwork and dedication of community organizations--4-H, FFA, fair boards, church councils, you name it! I found her speech at the RNC snarky and in bad taste. Same goes for Guiliani.