Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A very busy day!

Good Morning from a very sunny Knolltop!

It's going to be a very busy day. I've got to load the truck with our straw and tack for the fair then I have to sound intelligent on Rural Route Radio for an hour. Then I have to head out to the fairgrounds with our tack and on the way drop off a crockpot of cheesy ham and potatoes to the boys at the school for their FFA lunch today.

After making a pack for the cows at the fairgrounds I've got to stop and get a couple of things at the store and head back home to try to write something, get ready for a speaking engagement that I have for tonight, get my clothes around for tonight and make dinner. All the kids will be home today since SArah doesn't have practice because they won last night and Luke has a game tonight. After supper we head to the barn and half way through chores Bobby will head to the football field, JW and I will finish up chores and I will run(literally) into the house get ready to speak and head to Fowlerville, an hour and 15 minutes away for the annual Farm Bureau meeting. They said I won't be on until 8 pm....thank heavens! Other wise they'd have to take me in my barn clothes!

Then I'll come back home....I think I'm too old for this, I'm tired already! So....you know what this means......I'm in desperate need of prayer! Pray that my day is ordered, that I speak what those folks need to hear and that I have enough energy to drive home. And thank you in advance.

By the way, I have this BFF Angie who is a farmers wife, a stay at home mom who also homeschools and she's also an EMT/firefighter. She and her family came down to visit last weekend and brought me some peaches.....she's a wonder woman! Just though I'd mention that.

No comments: