Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friendly crowd

Good Morning from another cool morning on the Knolltop.

Well, thank you for the prayer, yesterday went as well as expected. My schedule was only messed up a few times, but everything got done and I made it to my meeting on time. In fact, I had a few minutes to spare and had time to catch my breath and check my outfit in the mirror. It was a good thing I did too. As soon as I walked into the meeting, I made a beeline for the bathroom...it had been a long drive. Looking in the mirror, I fluffed my hair, check to make sure there was no food or manure on my face and turned around to make sure my outfit was complete all the way around. As soon as I turned I spotted a tag hanging from under my arm! I thanked God for letting me see it and ripped it off! Can you imagine walking out to speak with a tag under my arm? What a hoot!

The best part of the evening was the friendly crowd. The worst part of the evening was that almost everyone in the crowd knew me from my childhood. As the emcee introduced me he had no notes, just my name. I took the mic and said, "You don't know me at all so you have nothing to say, but there are some people in this crowd who know me too well and even have nick names for me....thank heaven's they don't have this mic in their hand!"

I have to say it was probably the most difficult presentation I've made because I was a known quantity. You remember the saying that you have to get at least 50 miles away from home before you know anything? I was a mile an a half away from home last night....needless to say, I still don't feel like I know anything!

Moving on....Luke's team lost their game last night....bummer. But now we have to concentrate on the county fair! Tomorrow we take in our non livestock projects in and Sunday we take the cows in....it's going to be an exhausting week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A tag hanging from Minnie Pearl's hat, for years, helped make her millions. You never know. S B H

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more on your
speech on the value of FFA in your life. My experience on the parli-pro teem in FFA has helped me any
time I have had to chair anything
Francis and Pat