Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, June 28, 2007

And baby makes two

It's been a busy morning here on the Knolltop. After Bobby, Luke and Jake left for basketball camp, where they have only lost one game...I finished up chores. The vet stopped by to check Holly and to pregnancy check the neighbor's heifers and he took note of a cow calving. He offered to help pull the calf, but I said, no, we can handle it. I should've taken his offer.

After I finished up chores, JW left to go work at the neighbors and I decided to check on this cow. When I reached in to check on the calf, oh my..what big feet I felt! Knowing full well this calf would not be born without assistance I put some string around the feet of the calf and began pulling. Forty five minutes later, I made a desperation call to the neighbor and he wasn't close enough, so then I called Sarah and she came out to help. We pulled and prayed and finally this huge bull was born...alive! I was so thankful for Sarah's help and God's provision of strength!

Now I've got to check on mama and baby and then hopefully head down to the basketball tournament. The latest update is they lost their first game by three and now are going to play another team who they should beat pretty handily. Then who knows????

No comments: