Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, June 25, 2007

It's hot and humid

We're pretty hot and humid here on the Knolltop. Yesterday the family gathered to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary...I'll have pictures tomorrow. After the party I left my two younger kids there and came home with my 18 year old nephew, Tom. He has one cow out west that he milks...more about that this week. Consequently, he wanted to come to the dairy farm to milk our cows with us. When we finished chores last night we went to a bigger dairy where they milk 1500 cows, so he could see the other extreme.

This morning they worked on fence, then I took them swimming over lunch and now they are back to work on the fence. I've got to fix dinner and then chores and Jake has a game. My sister is going to bring Jake and Sarah home this afternoon, hopefully in time for the game and Sarah's practice. Tomorrow, Bobby and Luke will spend the day at basketball camp, so I will get some things done around here...like laundry!

No comments: