Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Winners and Losers

It's another sunny day here on the Knolltop. But last night wasn't so sunny for Luke and Sarah. Luke's team played Reading in a double header. They won the first game and Luke played catcher, then in the second game they lost, Luke pitched and he didn't think he did such a great job. Sarah's team also got beat up by Reading. She was actually upset, she never gets upset about losing, usually she's just happy to be alive. But the real winners were Bobby and I because we left the chores to JW and his friend and they were very successful in not only getting everything done, but getting everything done correctly! I was able to watch Luke's first game and then head back to North Adams for the remainder of Sarah's game. I told JW this morning how much I appreciated his efforts and what a great gift he gave to his Daddy and I in allowing us to watch the other kids play ball. (I made Luke and Sarah thank him too.) Today the three boys are down at the neighbors cleaning out a corn bin. I'm going to work in my garden today and plant some flowers.

No comments: