Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

She's Here!

Honey has arrived! Yesterday afternoon, Bobby and Luke helped Holly deliver her heifer calf and they named her Honey. I just can't believe she gave us another heifer! This is very exciting, especially for Luke as he gets to show Holly's offspring. Now we just need to get the swelling out of Holly's udder and she needs to get ready for the show in a few weeks.

Penny was the other heifer born yesterday from Petunia. She's cute too, but her mother is now a show cow. But you never know how she might turn out. We won't be able to show these calves until next spring, they are too young for this show season.

Jake won his game last night against Waldron. He caught the whole game. It was a nice evening, breezy and warm. I really don't know why I bothered to shower before the game, all the dirt from the infield blew on us...every step a kid took stirred up a dust storm for us.

Bobby is on his way to a Holstein meeting in Lansing and this afternoon, the kids and I have to go get 12 cases of milk from McDonalds to give away at Kidsfest tomorrow at the fairgrounds. We also have to take a couple of calves out for the petting zoo.

No comments: