Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Beautiful

It's a beautiful morning here on the Knolltop. The sun is out and it's very cool. But it's promising to be a great day. Things are looking up at finding an Ayrshire heifer...after emailing every breeder in the country...well, maybe not quite every breeder...Palmyra Farms in Maryland finally took the bait and emailed me back. They may have a heifer but Mary is going to make some calls for me. I'm excited again. Their national sale is coming up too, so that may have a heifer or two that Matt can afford to check into, we'll see. Another exciting event is coming up next week at Mooville Creamery. It's Dairy Fun Day organized by the Michigan Junior Holstein Association. I've had a slu of emails from people wanting to sign up...I guess there are some youngsters out there who want to learn more about the dairy industry...and that's exciting! Tonight we only have two games, Luke's game was cancelled. I'm glad, I was going to have to miss his game but now I won't have to. Last evening we had the spring sports banquet and JW earned his varsity letter. Now we just need to get a varsity jacket to put it on. I'd better get going or I'll never get anything done today, even though I have all my vacuuming and dishes and several loads of laundry finished! I've got to mow and hoe today.

No comments: