Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Free Milk

It was Kidsfest today at our fairgrounds and the local Michigan Milk Producers and Hillsdale County Farm Bureau set up a petting zoo and gave out free milk to all the kids. We supplied the calves for the zoo and handed out the milk. Sarah and Jake came out and were a huge help. One of the calves that we took was Jake's 4-H calf and the other was a newborn...Penny. Penny got a lot of petting time, the kids were drawn to her and she lapped up all the attention she could.
We ran out of milk just 2 hours into the day...I guess it was a little more popular than we thought, but free milk is hard to resist. One of the funniest things about the day was when the kids were given the option of white or chocolate milk, most said chocolate. But when the occasional kid came along and wanted white, the mom always looked down at her child and said, "Are you sure, don't you want chocolate?" I think us moms like chocolate a little more than most kids!
It was a great day of trying to teach the town folk where their food comes from. You can see some of the pictures below.
Tonight, Luke plays in Hudson and Jake has a home game. JW, Sarah and I will handle chores. It was a beautiful day here on the Knolltop..I just wasn't here to enjoy it.

No comments: