Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Jake

Today is my youngest son, Jake's birthday. He is 10 years old. Now all of my children are in the double digits. Of course, I don't have his present yet, I will stop at the John Deere dealership on my way to the hardware and pick up something for him. You can never have too many pieces of farm equipment...and I need more to trip over! I will bake his cake today and we'll celebrate his birthday this evening with Gramps and Grandma when they come down for his game tonight.

It's an amazing thing to have Jake turning 10 today. Just 8 years ago, Bobby backed over Jake with the skidsteer and he ended up in the hospital for over a week. It was a scary time and God performed a miracle that day. Jake shouldn't be with us, but God decided to spare Jake and show his power to us. Jake ended up with a broken femur and was in a body cast for eight weeks. Although it was awful that Jake had to endure that, it was a very special time for our family.

No comments: