Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, June 22, 2007

Happy 50th Anniversary

Fifty years ago today, my parents Richard and Virginia Peckens were married! It really doesn't seem like they are old enough to be married that long...I don't think they think they're old enough either. We will have a celebratioin for them this weekend. My sister and her husband and five boys are all coming from Montana, well the oldest boy is flying in from California, but the rest are on their way home to celebrate with all the rest of us. It should be a good time, since we haven't all been together since my brother was married and back then four of the grandchildren weren't even born yet. So I guess you could say that we've never all been together!

A week ago, my sister and her husband celebrated their anniversary and if I were one to remember I'd know what year it was...let me take a stab at it...I think it is number 23 for them. And next Friday, my brother and his wife will celebrate 11 years of wedded bliss together. I'm the odd one out, my anniversary was in February.

No comments: